Recipe by crazycookinmama
This recipe is from Grandma's Kitchen Recipe Card. This is an amazingly fast and super delicious dessert. You have to try it.
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 -6 medium apples
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, Melted
- vanilla ice cream (optional) or whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F; coat bottom and sides of a 3-quart baking dish lightly with butter.
- Combine granulated sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Peel and slice apples to yield about 7 cups. Add apples to sugar mixture and toss to coat. spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour and salt in a medium bowl and mix well. Add butter, stirring with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Spread crumb mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon warm apple crisp into dessert bowls. Top each serving with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.