Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like to try out something different.Bored with the normal sweet oats breakfast in the morning , I tried out this recipe and my kid loved it.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup green peas
- 1⁄4 cup cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup potato (finely chopped)
- 3 teaspoons shredded coconut
- 1 green chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon oil or 1 teaspoon ghee
- Cook oats with water and keep aside.
- In a pan pour oil and add mustard seeds, when the mustard splutters add cumin seeds and fry for 2 seconds.
- Add the green chilly and coconut and fry for a minute.Add the vegetables and salt and mix well.Sprinkle some water ( if the mixture is very dry). Cover the pan and allow it to cook for 5 minutes, or till the vegetables are done to the softness u desire.Add the cooked oats and mix well.
- You can also use vegetables like carrots or beans in this recipe.