Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This cookies are made of several my favourable ingredient, its very nice, full of molasses flavour and also very healthy too. Less butter, no sugar, oats and the use of organic whole wheat flour - make this type of cookies very healthy and good for afternon snack.
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg (actually less than one)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (can be more)
- 2 tablespoons molasses (can be more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (actually less than 1/8 tsp)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- cream the butter and egg until creamy.
- add maple syrup and molasses and vanilla extract and mix well.
- in another bowl, combine whole wheat flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in the dry ingredient into the butter mixture and mix well (not too long, just stir until the flour can not be seen).
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- remove from the oven and let them stay in the pan for 5 minutes then let cool on wire rack.
- store in airtight container.
A nice, not too sweet cookie. I did half the recipe to get 8 puffy cookies. They definately don't spread on the cookie sheet.