Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
A Pillsbury Bake-Off Winner..Enjoy the old-fashioned flavors of oats, brown sugar and walnuts in a pie filling that goes together in minutes. Please feel free to use your best crust recipe.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15-oz box)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 nature valley oats 'n honey crunchy granola bars, crushed (2 pouches from 8.9-oz. box, 3/4 cup ** see Tip)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats or 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- whipped cream or ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter on High 50 to 60 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until blended.
- Beat in salt, vanilla and eggs.
- Stir crushed granola bars, walnuts, oats and chocolate chips into brown sugar mixture.
- Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.
- During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Store in refrigerator
- **To easily crush granola bars, do not unwrap. Use rolling pin to crush bars.
I make this pie at least once a year and think about making it the other 364 days of the year. I hide this under a bag of greens in my crisper and steal bites of it till finally it is discovered and then all I find is crumbs.
This is the best pie I've ever had! I made some changes to make it healthier. I used homemade granola and replaced the brown sugar with 1/2 tsp stevia. I also replaced the corn syrup with honey. This is SO delicious. It reminds me of a pecan pie.
This pie is delicious!!! After giving birth I was craving sweets and literally ate a whole pie in one week!!!