Recipe by *Z*
Another recipe I got from a Pillsbury Cookoff cookbook. I haven't tried these but they look really nummy. They seem really easy to prepare too. Total time includes cooling time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, broken up
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled cookie dough, and oats.
- Mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cookie dough mixture.
- Press remaining dough mixture in the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until cookie dough puffs and appears dry.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour, caramel topping and vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips evenly over partially baked crust.
- Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture.
- Crumble reserved 1/2 cup cookie dough mixture over caramel.
- Return to oven.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen.
- Cool 1 1/2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.