Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a Jamaican recipe from Caribbean choice. Untested by me, posted ZWT III.
Top Review by katew
This is good as loaf buttered and with jam on it as well. I possibly was a bit too heavy handed on the oats and so my cake erred on the crumbly side but I will give this another go for sure . Quite a healthy option too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soft margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated pumpkin
- 4 medium egg whites, beaten
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 180° C / 350°F.
- Cream sugar and soft margarine until fluffy.
- Mix in grated pumpkin and egg whites.
- Combine flour, 1 1/4 cups oats and remaining ingredients in a separate bowl & Gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a cake tine & bake for approx 50 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.