Recipe by Chris from Kansas
Here's a great way to have convenient healthy oatmeal ready in the morning. This tastes so much better than those little packets that are mostly sugar.
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
Additional ingredient for oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- To prepare oatmeal: In a deep microwave safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup oatmeal mix and 3/4 cup water.
- Microwave, uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Cook 30-60 seconds longer or until bubbly.
- Let stand 1-2 minutes.