Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a low-fat oatmeal muffin that I added zucchini to. I changed the baking time to 25-30 minutes, I found the center to be a little undercooked at 20 minutes, but it could be because I used frozen shredded zucchini and it was pretty watery...not sure.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak oats in milk for 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix with fork until just moistened.
- Divide equally among 12 muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick spray or muffin liners.
- Bake in 400F for 25 -30 minutes.