Recipe by KDSCOMOX
Homemade crackers that will make you wonder why you every bought the "cardboard" ones in the store!
Top Review by diner524
These are very good crackers!! To me they were still too soft and a little too sweet for my personal tastes. Next time I would leave out the sugar and increase the cooking time and maybe temperature to get a crisper cracker. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef event.
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ or 1⁄2 cup rice germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Blend (in a blender works best) the oil and water.
- Add to the dry ingredients.
- Roll out on pastry or wax paper.
- Place on cookie sheet (can be ungreased).
- Score into squares and texturize with fork.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.