Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Homemade crackers that will make you wonder why you every bought the "cardboard" ones in the store!
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ or 1⁄2 cup rice germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Blend (in a blender works best) the oil and water.
- Add to the dry ingredients.
- Roll out on pastry or wax paper.
- Place on cookie sheet (can be ungreased).
- Score into squares and texturize with fork.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
These are very good crackers!! To me they were still too soft and a little too sweet for my personal tastes. Next time I would leave out the sugar and increase the cooking time and maybe temperature to get a crisper cracker. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef event.
I didn't get them thin enough, I think, but they were SO good! I can't wait to try them again, I think I've got it. My 4 year old loved them too! Thanks for a great recipe...we won't go back to the box