Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Quick and easy recipe. These can be stored in an airtight container but they are best served warm. From the Jan Feb 04 issue of Cooking Light.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour, oats and salt to egg mixture; beat well.
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by level tablespoons, 1 1/2" apart, onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 2 minutes then remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
These are great! I usually do love Cooking Light recipes.
A good basic oatmeal cookie recipe. I like the addition of the walnuts. I did add a little cinnamon for added taste.