Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't remember how many waffles this makes. Three children wiped them out every time (saved the last one to split with my hubby or we didn't get any).
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup instant oats
- 2 cups milk
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon.
- Mix egg yolks, milk and oil together.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Stir in oats.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into batter.
- Bake in preheated waffle iron.
These are yummy but thin. We swapped out regular oats for quick oats because we thought the texture would be a little nicer. Then we added strawberries on top!
My father made these and was very pleased with them. He did however grind the oats first; to achieve a more pleasant texture.
Directions are incomplete-does not indicate where to add the sugar, salt and cinnamon. The mixture is quite thin. If you do not stir it every time immediately before pouring on the waffle iron, all the oatmeal sinks to the bottom. The flavour was and texture were average.