Recipe by crazycookinmama
These are very good and quite filling. They also freeze very well. Garnish with powdered sugar, maple syrup, fresh fruit, or vanilla yogurt.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in oats. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs slightly. Stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir until combined.
- Pour a generous cup of batter onto grid of a preheated, lightly greased waffle maker. Close lid quickly, do not open during baking. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. Use a fork to lift baked waffle off grid.
- Repeat with remaining batter. If desired, sprinkle waffles with powdered sugar, serve with maple syrup, or top with fruit and yogurt.