Recipe by Gary's Creations
When sugar and milk became my enemies I created this oatmeal dish. I love oatmeal. I absolutely love this. Also, I needed to add vegetables to my diet. Even though I have given a specific recipe it will vary depending on what I have on hand. This is the first time I've used cilantro and it really adds. I personally sprinkle cayenne and garlic salt to the finished dish. Gary
- 1 cup regular oatmeal
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced (fresh or frozen, red and yellow add great color)
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lecithin granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare ingredients.
- In sauce pan bring water and salt to boil.
- Add onions and celery. Let boil for a few minutes to soften.
- Add bell peppers, cilantro, and oats - mix well. Turn burner to simmer and cover pan.
- Simmer until oats are done.
- If using eggs add them and simmer covered for another minute or two where whites are just turning. Remove from heat and stir in eggs to incorporate and give dish a creamy texture. The residual heat will finish cooking eggs.
- Serves two healthy portions. Top with lecithin and any other seasonings.