Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I made up when I wanted the flavor of Tres Leches without a whole cake. The "secret" ingredient is cream of coconut, which is different than coconut milk. Cream of coconut can be found in the beverage aisle under the brand name "Coco Lopez".
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 12 ounces white chocolate or 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with aluminum foil leaving one inch overhang.
- Spray foil with no-stick spray.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt and pecans.
- Add flour mixture to butter/ sugar mixture and stir until mixture starts to come together.
- Press 2/3 oat mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat condensed milk, cream of coconut and milk over medium heat.
- Stir in white chocolate.
- Turn off heat and stir until morsels are melted.
- Pour melted white chocolate mixture over baked oatmeal crust.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture on top and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Let cool completely and chill.
- Lift foil from pan and cut into bars.