Recipe by Some1sGrandma
Delicious, crun-chewy, healthy version of an old favorite.
Top Review by NM Patricia
I really like these. I was using up some trail mix that we obviously weren't eating with nuts and dried fruit. I used cashews for the nuts because that was what I had the most of. I made half the recipe and it made about 48 cookies. Maybe my scoops are smaller. I really liked these. On the crunchy side but really flavorful.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup very finely chopped nuts (I use brazil nuts)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups trail mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until almost fluffy.
- In another bowl stir together flour, very finely chopped (should almost resemble powder) nuts, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add your powdered ingredients to your creamed ingredients while mixing.
- Mix well.
- Now stir in the oats and trail mix.
- Drop by scoop or teaspoon onto hot stone or slightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes depending on cookie size.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet or stone right away and transfer to cooling racks.