Recipe by senseicheryl
Featured in an email from the www.hersheys.com website. Make sure to include the baking directions when giving this as a gift.
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces, Heath Bits 'O Brickle
- 2 tablespoons toffee pieces, HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Use clean 1 quart (4 cups) glass jar with lid. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; pack down into bottom of jar. Layer with oats, then toffee bits. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; place as top layer. Close jar; attach card with following instructions:.
- BAKING INSTRUCTIONS - Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Spoon contents of jar into large bowl; break up any lumps with wooden spoon. Add 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter, 1 lightly beaten egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat on low speed of mixer until well blended. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2-inches apart onto prepared sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove to wire rack. About 3 dozen cookies.