Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oatmeal cookies are my favorite. I love these with the gumdrops.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup salad oil or 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup gumdrop (cut in small pieces)
- Beat eggs till well blended. Stir oil into eggs; blend in sugar till mixture thickens.
- Stir in the molasses.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to egg mixture with the oats and gumdrops.
- Mix until well blended.
- Drop a teaspoon at a time, 2 inches apart, on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle a very small amount of sugar on each cookie.
- Bake at 400 degrees 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately.