Recipe by SweetySJD
I got this recipe out of a magazine a few years ago. They're very tasty and quick and easy to make!
Top Review by Grace-AK
These bake perfectly and stay moist for days. I bake them 12 mins, which is not over cooked. The suggestion to cool on the pan 1 min before removing to the cooling rack worked really well. Still, they were a little too sweet, so next time I will cut back on the white sugar. I used a food processor to grind 1/2 the old-fashioned oats which I think made a chewier cookie. Also, substitute applesauce for 1/2 butter, and add ground flax seed. Really good.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups oats (old-fasioned or quick)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, prepare baking sheets (I always use parchment paper).
- In a large bowl use a mixer to combine the first eight ingredients (through salt) until well blended.
- Beat in flour slowly, just unil blended.
- Stir in oats, chocolate and pecans.
- Drop rounded tablespoons 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute, then remove to wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container. These can be frozen up to 2 months.