Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Oatmeal cookies are my favorite and I have quite a collection of different variations from the standard. This one combines the the classic oatmeal cookie with grated citrus rind. I liked the flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind or 1 tablespoon lime rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter.
- Add in the sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in egg; beat well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to the creamed mixture; stir to mix.
- Add in rind, juice, oats, raisins, and pecans; stir to combine.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool a couple minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to continue cooling.