Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A chewy oatmeal bar that is a big hit with kids.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup beehive corn syrup (available in Canada)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (optional)
- Melt the margarine and corn syrup together in a small saucepan or in microwave. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil, once bubbly remove from heat. Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour over the oatmeal and peanuts in a bowl. Stir until combined.
- Turn into an 8X8" lightly greased pan.
- Press gently into pan.
- Bake at 325F for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- (After removing from oven, use a knife to push edges away from sides.).
- Cool and cut into squares.