1/7 Photos of Oatmeal Spice Muffins
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is from the Montreal Gazette. The batter is a stepping stone to adding your choice of favourite fruits, like dried cranberries, blueberries and so on. Play with the recipe a bit in order to get the best combination of fruits that suits your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed down brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup nuts (optional) or 1 cup raisins (optional) or 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the oats, and the buttermilk and let stand for one hour (30 minutes will do if you are in a rush).
- 2Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, and line a muffin tin with 10 paper muffin cups.
- 3Stir the egg and sugar into the oat mixture, followed by the butter.
- 4Pile all the remaining dry ingredients together atop the mixture, then stir them into the batter until just combined.
- 5Carefully fold in any add-ins without overmixing, which causes the muffins to be tough.
- 6Divide the batter evenly among the the prepared muffin cups, then bake in the middle of your preheated oven for about 25 minutres, or until the muffins are firm and golden brown.
- 7Let cool in the pan a few minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool further.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Spice Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (876 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 254.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g