1 hr 25 mins
Danny Beason's Note:
Diamond Rio's Dan Truman and wife Wendee from www.crookandchase.com!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for the cake
- 2 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick cooking or instant)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups sifted wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the icing
- 1Directions for the cake Add oats and butter to boiling water.
- 2Reduce heat and cook for five minutes to soften oats.
- 3Meanwhile, mix together the beaten eggs and the brown sugar, and set aside.
- 4Sift the rest of the dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- 5Add the softened oats and the egg mixture and stir together.
- 6Batter will be heavy.
- 7Pour into a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 8While baking, prepare the icing (recipe to follow).
- 9Directions for the icing In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- 10Add the brown sugar and stir to melt and combine.
- 11Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- 12When cake is done, pour the icing onto the hot cake.
- 13Broil for five minutes, watching cake closely, until icing is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Spice Cake and Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (2674 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9056.2
- Calories from Fat 3867
- Total Fat 429.6 g
- Saturated Fat 253.8 g
- Cholesterol 1255.1 mg
- Sodium 6443.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1267.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 87.1 g
- Sugars 923.6 g
- Protein 115.4 g