1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Sourdough Bread for Bread Machine
3 hrs 10 mins
I designed this to be a smaller loaf of sourdough bread with a fiber boost from the oatmeal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sourdough starter
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour (or unbleached all-purpose)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast (yeast makes the bread rise a little faster) (optional)
- 1Add ingredients according to the recommendations from your bread machine's manufacturer.
- 2Use dough cycle.
- 3Remove finished dough and shape into loaf.
- 4Let rise forty minutes to one hour (until doubled). If using just starter and no yeast, rising time will vary greatly--I usually let mine rise overnight if I use just starter.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees 40 minutes. Don't preheat oven! Just stick bread dough in there and set the heat!
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Sourdough Bread for Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 391.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: