1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Souffle With Crunchy Topping
This is a wonderful way to get your oatmeal for the day. It has a wonderful brown sugar topping that adds a nice crunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Spray four 5-oz souffle molds, custard cups or ovenproof bowls with nonstick cooking spray; place in 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- 3In a small saucepan bring the milk and butter just to a boil.
- 4Gradually add oats while stirring constantly.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium-low; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until oats thickened, stirring often.
- 6Remove from heat; pour the oat mixture into a large bowl.
- 7Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, sour cream and 1 egg yolk; stir until smooth.
- 8Add dried fruit and set aside.
- 9In a medium bowl beat all 3 egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 10Gently fold egg whites into oat mixture using a rubber scraper.
- 11Do not overmix; small lumps of egg white will remain.
- 12Gently spoon the mixture into molds.
- 13Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar.
- 14Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until souffles are puffy and a knife inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Souffle With Crunchy Topping
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 268.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 8.6 g