Sarah Sunshine's Note:
A tasty, baked recipe for oatmeal. I obtained this recipe from a B&B in Sechelt, BC where I stay often; this is a real favourite with their guests. The recipe comes from another website, but originates from the Morical House Garden Inn in Ashland, Oregon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Butter and sugar a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish or 4 small ramekins.
- 3Pour milk and butter into a small saucepan and heat until barely boiling. Slowly add oatmeal, stirring constantly. Cook until thick.
- 4Remove from heat and add cream cheese, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir briskly to blend and smooth.
- 5Beat 3 egg yolks slightly and add to oatmeal mixture.
- 6Stir in raisins and nuts.
- 7Beat egg whites until just stiff. Gently fold egg whites into the mixture ensuring even distribution.
- 8Spoon mixture into the dish or ramekins.
- 9Bake a large dish for 35-40 minutes, or the small ramekins for 10-12 minutes. It should turn a rich brown with a rising, souffle appearance.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.7
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 194.6 mg
- Sodium 461.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 12.0 g