Recipe by Nikki Kate
Who can resist S'Mores! Now in a cookie.
Top Review by puppitypup
We really liked the taste of these cookies - they do taste like S'mores. Unfortunately I had trouble with the marshmallows. In the first batch, which I cooked for twelve full minutes, the marshmallows completely melted and disappeared, leaving odd dimples in the cookies. For the second batch, I left them in only 10 minutes and they looked better coming out of the oven, but after cooling, the marshmallows had disappeared in these as well. I used parchment paper for the second batch, since the first batch left hard melted sugar puddles stuck to the pans. Bottom line, I would definitely make these again for home, but not to take to a party.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baing soda, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and marshmellows.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Cool for 1 to 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.