Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from a handout from a butter company. I like it because of the addition of oatmeal (I feel "healthy" eating it..lol). Feel free to substitute the dried cranberries with any other dried fruit (cherries are good). Sometimes, I even add 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (if using unsalted, add a pinch of salt)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325*. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Using a wooden spoon, slowly stir in the flour, mxing well. Stir in the oats and cranberries.
- Press evenly into a lightly greased 9" glass pie plate. Prick the surface with the tines of a fork.
- Bake in middle of the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool 3 minutes, then score into 12 wedges.
- Cool completely and enjoy.