1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Shortbread
This is different from the usual oatmeal shortbread cookie. This has corn starch and icing sugar in it. Enjoy the unique texture and flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour,oats,corn starch and icing sugar in large bowl.
- 2With large spoon, blend in butter.
- 3Work with hands until a soft, smooth dough forms.
- 4Shape into a ball.
- 5If necessary, refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 6VARIATIONS for baking.
- 7Bake in 300° oven until edges are lightly browned.
- 8Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness and use cookie cutters, bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 9Or you can shape into 1" balls, flatten with fork dipped in sugar, put on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 10Cool completely on wire rack.
- 11CRANBERRY WEDGES.
- 12You can add 1/3 cup dried cranberries to dough, then roll or pat dough into two 5 1/2" rounds and bake on ungreased cookie sheet 30-40 minutes.
- 13Or you can press into one 9" cake pan, mark into 8 wedges, prick with fork, and bake 40-45 minutes.
- 14These freeze well.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 40.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g