Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a twist on a shortbread recipe I have. You can serve them as bars dipped in chocolate or plain is tasty too!
- 3 cups raw quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sifted all-purpose flour, SIFT before measuring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- IN large bowl, combine oats, sugar, flour and salt.
- WITH pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until texture of coarse cornmeal. STIR in vanilla; MIX well.
- WITH HANDS, press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. COOL slightly.
- CUT into bars while still warm. LET cool completely in pan.