Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a nice change from oatmeal CHOCOLATE chip cookies. These ones use butterscotch chips!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In large mixer bowl beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla together.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and butterscotch chips with a wooden spoon, until well combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9-10 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes before removing to wire rack.
These cookies have been a favorite in my family for years! We almost always make them as bar cookies by spreading the dough in a 9x13-inch pan, and put in one package of butterscotch chips. These cookies are unique and delicious!
These are awesome! I made them for all my friends and they raved about them! I was actually looking up the recipe today and noticed I didn't post a review. This is a keeper!
This is exactly like the Nestle package; aside from the margarine. I agree, using unsalted butter always produces a better tasting cookie! I used 1 cup each of chocolate and butterscotch chips. Yum!