Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oatmeal butterscotch cookies.
Make and share this Oatmeal Scotchies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups quick oats or 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 orange, zest of, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and morsels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies, 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.