Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favorite cookie bar recipe! I make these for every holiday, and people always ask for the recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (or substitute butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Cream together butter/ shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs and remaining ingredients except oats and chips. Mix well.
- Stir in Oats and chips until combined.
- Spead evenly into 10 x 15 jelly roll pan, and bake at 375 for 25-30 until golden brown and toothpick tests clean.
Used the jelly roll pan like the recipe calls for and the bars were done in 14 minutes. Glad I planned to rotate the pan half way and saw that they were already done or these bars would have been burnt. In such a large pan the thickness of the bars was similar to the thickness of a cookie. I wonder if they would be better baked in a 9x13" pan. The flavor is mild.