1/3 Photos of Oatmeal Scones With a Bit of Heaven
From Nestle - these oatmeal scones are pretty enough for tea time and easy enough to make to serve for breakfast for your family. The Bit of Heaven in these is the chocolate - it is its own food group right?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 3With pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Stir in mini morsels and oats.
- 5Reserve 2 tablespoons of the beaten eggs (set aside) and combine the remainder of the eggs with the milk in a small bowl.
- 6Stir egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened (do not over-mix).
- 7On a lightly floured board, roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 2-inch diamonds (2 inches across and 2 inches long).
- 8Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Brush tops of pieces with the reserved beaten eggs and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- 9Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Great served warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Scones With a Bit of Heaven
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g