Recipe by HokiesMom
From Nestle - these oatmeal scones are pretty enough for tea time and easy enough to make to serve for breakfast for your family. The Bit of Heaven in these is the chocolate - it is its own food group right?
Top Review by loof
Absolutely delicious! Surprisingly not overly sweet (except for the chocolate of course) and very light and moist. The sugar makes a nice crusty top. Loved these - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups quick oats
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk (or you can use heavy cream)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in mini morsels and oats.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the beaten eggs (set aside) and combine the remainder of the eggs with the milk in a small bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened (do not over-mix).
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 2-inch diamonds (2 inches across and 2 inches long).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Brush tops of pieces with the reserved beaten eggs and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Great served warm.