From Nestle - these oatmeal scones are pretty enough for tea time and easy enough to make to serve for breakfast for your family. The Bit of Heaven in these is the chocolate - it is its own food group right?
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in mini morsels and oats.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the beaten eggs (set aside) and combine the remainder of the eggs with the milk in a small bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened (do not over-mix).
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 2-inch diamonds (2 inches across and 2 inches long).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Brush tops of pieces with the reserved beaten eggs and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Great served warm.