From Nestle - these oatmeal scones are pretty enough for tea time and easy enough to make to serve for breakfast for your family. The Bit of Heaven in these is the chocolate - it is its own food group right?
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in mini morsels and oats.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the beaten eggs (set aside) and combine the remainder of the eggs with the milk in a small bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened (do not over-mix).
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 2-inch diamonds (2 inches across and 2 inches long).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Brush tops of pieces with the reserved beaten eggs and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Great served warm.
Absolutely delicious! Surprisingly not overly sweet (except for the chocolate of course) and very light and moist. The sugar makes a nice crusty top. Loved these - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
A nice change of pace from your typical scone! I made this exactly as posted, but found the dough to be quite sticky. I had to keep flouring my board (and hands) to get this to the right consistency. This made 8 two-inch diamond scones, which were actually produced some giant scones! Made for ZWT 8.
Wonderful scones and definitely have a bit of heaven with the chocolate chips and the sugary topping/crust!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and followed as written except for using my biscuit cutter to get my shape. This made 10 scones using my cutter. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, especially when I had a chocolate craving during ZWT8.