Carla R's Note:
Comes from "Laurel's Kitchen" cookbook. I've been told I should market these. It's very versatile...I add dried cranberries and different kinds of nuts as well as substituting flax seed, (which is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids) for some of the wheat germ. I feel pretty good about giving these to my kids and loved ones and I hope if you make them that you'll enjoy the same feedback as I do. mmm mmm
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Cream together the butter and sugar with electric beaters.
- 3Add the egg, vanilla, and salt and beat well.
- 4Stir flour, baking powder, wheat germ, and rolled oats together with a fork.
- 5Add raisins so they get rolled in flour and don't stick together.
- 6Blend well with other ingredients; I usually end up using my hands.
- 7Add a little water if necessary to hold mixture together.
- 8Place by tablespoonful on greased cookie sheets.
- 9Flatten them slightly.
- 10Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal School Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1115.0
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 905.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 76.5 g
- Protein 25.5 g