Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
I saved this recipe a long while ago but have not tried it so I am adding it here for future use. The use of grains peak my interest. Serving size is just a guess. Optional: Add 1/4 cup chopped cooked chicken in last 2 minutes of cooking.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmmm, this is such a great take on the classic sweet oatmeal! The dish is creamy, filling and super tasty! I opted for the curry version and found it to be very yummy! I could imagine this to go great with veggies of all sorts and will try it instead of rice the next time Im making something Indian! THANKS for sharing this great idea with us, Lorrie! Cant wait to try the herb version! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag Game Octobre 09.
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- parsley or sage or rosemary or basil or cilantro or mint
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot bring the oatmeal, broth, olive oil, salt and pepper to a boil, reduce to simmer and stir regularly.
- Add curry at this point if using, or add herbs to last minute of cooking.
- Total cooking time is usually 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate left overs.
- Form into patties, cooking on medium heat in a non-stick pan, or with a touch of olive oil spray, turning once for 3 minutes total cooking time to warm through.
- Serve with any meal as a side.