1 hr 12 mins
My Dad and brothers' favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 3Beat in vanilla.
- 4Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture.
- 5Stir in oats.
- 6Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 9In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar and marshmallow creme.
- 10Add enough milk and mix until spreading consistency is achieved.
- 11Spread filling on the bottom half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 91.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g