1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Rye Bread
4 hrs 45 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
Dodge County Extension 1976
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rolled oats, molasses, brown sugar, salt , and lard in a large mixing bowl; add boiling water; stir well.
- 2Cool to lukewarm.
- 3Proof yeast in lukewarm water.
- 4Add to warm, not hot, oatmeal mixture.
- 5Add 4 cups flour; beat well.( mianbao only had to add 3 3/4 cup flour ,just until stiff people ).
- 6Add remaining flour, mixing well after each addition.
- 7Knead until smooth and elastic.
- 8Shape in a ball; let rise in warm place in a lightly greased bowl; cover with a damp cloth, until doubled.
- 9Punch down.
- 10Divide into two balls.
- 11Let rest 10 minutes.
- 12Shape into loaf.
- 13Place in a greased 5-1/2 x 10-1/2 loaf pan.
- 14Let rise until doubled.
- 15Bake 45 minutes in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- 16Brush with melted butter if tender crust is desired.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Rye Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1800.2
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 3533.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 360.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 65.7 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: