adapted from JANIC412's recipe Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies II, with reduced sugar and reduced fat. It's adds an interesting crunch from the rice crispies, but are more... cakey in texture and don't spread very much while baking. they are best eaten fresh as the rice crispies get soggy over the course of the next few days. perhaps you can substitute corn flakes to get a better texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt, if macadamia nuts and butter are not salted
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Toast oatmeal and macadamia nuts for five minutes, or nuts are until golden.
- 3In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, salt, applesauce, butter, eggs and vanilla until combined into a smooth batter.
- 4Stir in oatmeal, macadamia nuts, rice crispies and chocolate chips.
- 5Drop by well rounded Tablespoons 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden.
- 6Cool 2 miuntes, then carefully transfer to racks with spatula to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Rice Crispy Chocolate Chip Mac-Nut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 58.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g