Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Forwarded to me by a friend from a Vegetarian Times magazine. Very simple to make, and works well with other fruits added or substituted.
- 2 lbs rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces or 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- To make rhubarb filling: Toss together all ingredients in glass or other nonreactive bowl. Let stand 15 minutes to release juices.
- To make oatmeal topping: Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor and pulse until mixture is chunky and begins to hold together.
- Spoon rhubarb mixture into prepared baking dish with slotted spoon, leaving any liquid in bowl. Discard liquid. Top with oatmeal mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until top is lightly browned. Cool on rack 10 minutes before serving.