1/4 Photos of Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies in a Jar
I have not tried this one yet but the recipe comes from a reliable source with positive feedback from other home chefs. Posting it here because I will never find it again otherwise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the jar mix
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the gift recipient to add
- 1Mix together flour, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 2Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart canning jar. Try and find one with a wide mouth as it will much easier to pack. Getting all the ingredients to fit will require some pressing and tapping. Please be sure to firmly pack down each layer in place before adding the flour mixture.
- 3Instructions to attach to jar:.
- 4Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies.
- 5Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing.
- 6bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend the.
- 8Add 3/4 cup butter softened to room temperature. (To make a lower fat cookie, you can replace up to two thirds of the buttrer with unsweetened applesauce.) Stir in one egg, slightly beaten. Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- 9Mix the dough completely blended. You may need to finish mixing with your hands.
- 104. Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees F for 11 to 13 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to baking racks to finish cooling.
- 12Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 72.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g