1/4 Photos of Oatmeal Raisin Scones
Appropriate for Diabetics. Uses a food processor, great way to hide the nutrious stuff from the kids! Can be made up to 4 hours ahead before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grind 1 cup oats in a food processor.
- 3Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and "pulse" until blended.
- 4Add margarine and pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- 5Transfer to a large bowl and add raisins and remaining oats.
- 6Make a well in the center and gradually add buttermilk.
- 7Knead dough on lightly floured surface, about 10 turns.
- 8Divide into 3 pieces and pat to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut each into quarters (12 scones).
- 9Brush with skim milk and bake in preheated oven for about 28 minutes. (May wait up to 4 hours before baking).
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Raisin Scones
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 178.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g