1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is dedicated those who don't have the convenience of a bread machine...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (do NOT add more than this)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, UNcooked
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar -- Stir in uncooked oats.
- 3Add Egg Beaters, oil, orange juice, grated orange peel and water; mix until well blended --.
- 4Add raisins; you may cut the amount of raisins by half if you're not a big raisin lover or eliminate them entirely. Mix well, but do not overmix -- Pour batter into greased and floured 8½ X 4½ loaf pan --.
- 5Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 55-65 minutes or until it tests done.
- 6Turn out on rack and cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Raisin Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 381.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g