If you can not find persimmons substitute canned apricots.
Make and share this Oatmeal Raisin Persimmon Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover raisins with water in a small saucepan and boil them until they are soft; drain.
- In a large bowl, blend the shortening, sugars, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Add the flour, salt, and soda.
- Beat again and stir in the raisins, persimmons (or apricots), and oats.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, taking cookies out while they are soft.
- Cool cookies before removing them from the baking pan.