Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, combine oats and buttermilk.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the egg, brown sugar and oil; stir in oat mixture.
- Combine the dry ingredients; stir into batter just until moistened.
- Fold in raisins.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
We loved these wonderful, moist muffins! One of the best oatmeal muffins I have ever eaten. The recipe ingredients were all on hand, and the instructions are simple to follow. The end result is just great. I recommend these to anyone. A real keeper. Thanks Gail for sharing this recipe.
They were great! I would definately make them again. I did change a couple things though. I used whole wheat flour 1 cup and the 3/4 cup white flour. I increased the buttermilk by 1/3 cup because of the whole wheat flour. I also increased the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp.They are nutritious and delicious.
We loved these muffins--they were just perfect for "late start" day at my kids school. I followed one of the reviewer's suggestions and used whole wheat and white flour and I also did not use any cloves (because I was out of them). I will definitely be making these muffins again soon. Thanks for posting this keeper recipe.