From the Cafe Beaujolais in northern California, a wonderful and different muffin recipe. From "Morning Food" by Margaret S. Fox and John Bear.
- Combine the oats and buttermilk and let stand 30 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir the eggs into the buttermilk mixture, then add sugar, butter, and flour mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- The batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Spoon into a muffin tin about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400º F for 15 to 20 minutes.