Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Cafe Beaujolais in northern California, a wonderful and different muffin recipe. From "Morning Food" by Margaret S. Fox and John Bear.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Combine the oats and buttermilk and let stand 30 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir the eggs into the buttermilk mixture, then add sugar, butter, and flour mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- The batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Spoon into a muffin tin about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400º F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Very good Miss Annie. I do like oatmeal and these made a very good muffin. I added extra cinnamon and doubled the recipe. (I knew I'd want more than a dozen!!) I thank you and my freezer thanks you!!
i thought these were ok, but a little bland for my taste . i think i would add more sugar and spices if i tried them again.
I loved these muffins - not too sweet and very hearty. I used whole wheat flour and they turned out great.