Recipe by foodtvfan
Simple to make and good for you oatmeal raisin muffins from a magazine clipping in my files. Only 297 calories per muffin. You can omit the nuts and use one cup of raisins if you like. Instead of preparing the muffin pans with cooking spray, I use Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) #78579 here at zaar to grease my baking pans. Works for all kinds of baking and other cooking pans, and keeps for a long time in the refrigerator. An ice cream scoop with a release lever is helpful to portion out the batter into the muffin cups.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or pan release recipe #78579.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, allspice or cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in oatmeal, raisins and nuts.
- In medium-size bowl, lightly beat egg. Stir in oil, milk and vanilla to combine.
- Stir gently into flour mixture; do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden on top.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.