Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
So wonderful! Chewy on the inside, a hint of crunchy on the outside... Pure bliss. Got this recipe from my husband's Nanny. Sometimes I'll split the batch and sub chocolate chips in for the raisins, as I have a few family members who absolutely despise raisins, LOL!
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Beat sugar and margarine until blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in oats, flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop by the teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 5-7 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.