Recipe by Beachbunnymom
These are the best oatmeal raisin cookies ever. I like them because they have so much flavor and they make the kitchen smell so wonderful!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar till well blended. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture slowly. Mix just until blended.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges become light brown.